Our new online banking platform is here!
You expect more, so we’re doing more.
StonehamBank opened more than 135 years ago with the sole purpose of serving the community. That's as true today as it was then, which is why we recently upgraded our technology (the heartbeat of our business) to make your banking experience with us faster, easier and more convenient. The upgrade went live on October 17, 2022. Although the upgrade was mostly happening behind-the-scenes, there can still be times when it may affect some of the services you may use. We will keep you updated along the way with when and what will be affected so that you will be fully prepared.
For the latest important updates, please read below.
Need help logging into Online Banking or our Mobile Banking App? We’re here to help! Call our Customer Contact Center at 888-402-2265 or use video banking during regular business hours. For the latest important updates about the technology upgrade, please visit www.stonehambank.com/technology-upgrade
11/22/22: Mobile Banking Update
Card Controls is now available for you to access within the mobile app.
10/18/22: Bill Pay Update
Bill pay is now available for you to access within online banking and mobile app.
10/17/22: Online, Mobile, and Telephone Banking Update
Online, Mobile, and Telephone Banking are now available. Bill Payment will be available on October 18 within Online Banking and the Mobile Banking App. Our ATMs will continue to be upgraded this week. Withdrawals will continue to be available but transfers, balance inquiries, and deposits may be unavailable until the upgrade is complete at each ATM.
10/16/22: Online, Mobile, and Telephone Banking Update
As part of the technology upgrade, StonehamBank Customers will NOT have access to online, mobile, and telephone banking services until mid-day on Monday, October 17th. Our ATMs will continue to be upgraded this week. Withdrawals will continue to be available but transfers, balance inquiries, and deposits may be unavailable until the upgrade is complete at each ATM. Please check www.stonehambank.com/technology-upgrade for updates as they become available.
10/13/22: ATM Update
Starting on October 14, ATM withdrawals available. ATM deposits available until 3:00 p.m. Transfers and balance inquiries unavailable after 3:30 p.m.
10/13/22: Pre-Registration Closed
Pre-Registration for establishing your new Online Banking password is now closed.
10/10/22: Card Controls Update for Mobile Banking Customers
Please be advised that the card control features previously available in the StonehamBank mobile banking app will be temporarily unavailable in the new mobile banking app released on 10/17/2022. We are working on releasing new card controls with additional features that are not available with our current vendor. When the card control features become available, you will be prompted to download a new app which works in conjunction with the StonehamBank mobile banking app. Once the new app is on your mobile device, you will still only sign into the StonehamBank mobile banking app to use the new card controls. We will notify you when card controls become available.
Here is a list of things to do BEFORE the upgrade:
- Pre-Registration for establishing your new Online Banking password is now closed as of 10/13/2022.
- Review your account activity online as necessary.
- Be informed – keep up to date here at stonehambank.com/technology-upgrade.
- Plan for your cash needs by visiting one of our branch offices before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 14 or visit one of our ATMs during the technology upgrade weekend.
- Redeem your Scorecard Rewards points by October 14 by visiting ScoreCardRewards. com or call 800-854-0790 to redeem.
Here is a list of things to do AFTER the upgrade:
- If you did not complete the pre-registration process, re-establish your online banking access. You will be prompted to create a new password for the new system. Please follow the temporary password instructions on the screen. You will use your new password going forward when logging into Online Banking.
- Review any scheduled transfers.
- Re-establish external transfers previously used in Online Banking.
- Establish any account alerts in the new system.
- Enroll for eStatements.
- Download the upgraded Mobile Banking APP and delete the old APP from your mobile device. Your login credentials for Mobile Banking are the same as your Online Banking credentials.
- Re-establish Quicken or Quickbooks connection.
StonehamBank Technology Upgrade Timeline
Timeline updates: We ask you to check back here leading up to and during the technology upgrade for any notices on necessary adjustments to the below schedule.
Bringing the Power to our Customers
With this upgrade our customers will become empowered with the latest technology to achieve financial stability and success such as:
- Enhanced online and mobile banking for easier money management
- Streamlined account opening
- Improved self-service features to save you time
As a forward-thinking institution, we’re excited to bring you this upgrade and will continue to evolve as the newest technology becomes available.
- Online and Mobile Banking upgrades
- Business Online Banking User IDs
- Temporary 24/7 online banking support to assist with upgrade
- New modern look and format for deposit statements, loan bills, and notices
- More efficient in-person service
- Minor formatting change of loan account numbers
- Rewards Program
What isn't Changing?
- Deposit account numbers
- Visa® Debit/ATM cards and PINs
- Branch hours
- Bill Pay payees
- Access to ATMs
- Scheduled transfers and/or loan payments
- Our routing and transit number
- Existing direct deposits
Online Banking − Personal and Business
Online Banking will have a new look and personal and business customers will now access Online Banking from the same system. Online Banking and Mobile Banking will be unavailable starting at 5 p.m. Friday, October 14 until 12:00 p.m. Monday, October 17.
Online Banking Password & User ID Changes and More:
- Personal Online Banking User IDs remain the same. Your new temporary password will be the last 4 digits of your social security number followed by your 5 digit zip code.
- Business Online Banking User IDs will now be the current Company ID + existing user ID. Passwords will be the last four digits of Tax ID Number (TIN or EIN) and your 5 digit zip code.
- For your added convenience, a pre-registration process will be available on our website stonehambank.com to set your new password prior to the system upgrade. Pre-registration will allow you to update your password for ease of access of Online Banking on October 17. Choosing to pre-register will not change your current Online Banking access.
- The receipt of eBills will be disabled on October 7. You will be able to sign-up for eBills upon completion of the system upgrade and successful enrollment to the new system.
- Online account opening will be unavailable through the upgrade process and will resume on October 17.
- Internal transfers can be made up until 5 p.m., on Friday, October 14.
- Wire Transfer requests can be requested until 3:00 p.m on October 14, through business online banking or in-branch.
- People Pay service will no longer be available starting September 30. A new service will be introduced later this year.
- Online external transfers can no longer be initiated starting October 1. Any external transfers set up in Online Banking will need to be re-established after the upgrade.
- Bill payment cannot be used after October 14 at 5 p.m. and will not be available until the morning of October 18. Any bill payments scheduled after October 14 will be processed using the new system. After the upgrade, please pay close attention to the funding source for bill payments to ensure bill payments are coming from the correct account if you have multiple checking accounts.
- Expedited bill payment will be available after the system upgrade. An overnight check is $12.95 and same day bill payment is $9.95.
- For Businesses using bill pay: If multiple entities are accessed through online banking, bill payees will be consolidated under your online banking profile. It will be important to select proper funding account for each bill when payments are sent using the new system.
We will now offer one simple Mobile Banking application for both business and personal use.
- Please note Mobile Deposit will not be available after 3:00 p.m. on October 14. Your personal and business Mobile Banking App will no longer be accessible after 5:00 p.m. on October 14 and should be deleted.
- Personal and Business Mobile Banking users will need to download our updated StonehamBank App on or after October 17. You can visit the Apple App Store for iOS devices or the Google Play Store for Android Devices and search for the StonehamBank Mobile App. Follow the easy prompts to download and enroll. Your Online Banking credentials will be used with the App.
Past eStatements will no longer be available. We recommend downloading or printing copies prior to October 14. Current eStatement users will need to re-enroll on or after October 17.
ATM/Debit Card service will be available, and our ATMs will be operating for cash withdrawals during the weekend of our upgrade. ATM deposits can be made until 3:00 p.m. on October 14 and then will be unavailable. Starting at 3:30 p.m. on October 14, data on available funds will not be accessible. ATMs may be intermittently unavailable during the week of October 17 for the final steps of the upgrade which will resume all functionality to our ATMs. Details will be posted on our website.
The Telephone Banking system will be unavailable starting October 14 at 6:00 a.m. Our new Telephone Banking service featuring English and Spanish options will be available on October 17. The phone number remains the same at 800-407-6747. A temporary Telephone Banking PIN has been established for you and you will be prompted to change this PIN upon first login.
- Personal Accounts: Your temporary Telephone Banking PIN will be the last 4 digits of your social security number.
- Business Accounts: Your temporary Telephone Banking PIN will be the last 5 digits of the authorized signer’s social security number
Remote Deposit Capture:
Business Customers that use Remote Deposit Capture will not be able to access the service until Online Banking resumes service on October 17.
Frequently Asked Questions
Online and Mobile Banking FAQs
ATM/Debit Card FAQs
Telephone Banking FAQs
Stay tuned for important updates, exciting features, and more information on your updated digital banking platform.
Notice of Change in Terms Effective October 17, 2022:
- Funds Availability Update: ATM Deposits made after 4:00 p.m. will now be considered on the next business day compared to the previous cut-off of 11:00 p.m. Going forward, ATM deposits will be accepted at StonehamBank ATMs only.
- Existing Passbook Certificate of Deposit accounts will convert to Statement Certificate of Deposit accounts. Passbook Certificate of Deposits are no longer available.
ADDITIONAL STATEMENT AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
- Final printed statements from our existing system will be sent for checking, money market, statement savings, NOW and Club accounts through October 14 even if you are enrolled for eStatements. Interest will also be credited for these account types through October 14. Future statements and interest payments will revert to typical monthly delivery after the upgrade.
- Passbooks will not get annual statements any longer. Passbooks will only receive a monthly statement if an electronic transaction occurs.
- Interest payments on Certificates of Deposit will be credited at the end of month going forward and no longer use calendar interest processing.
- All Certificates of Deposit will receive an annual statement.
- Individual Retirement Account (IRA) statements for IRA Savings and IRA Certificate of Deposits will be annual.
- Effective October 17, our fee schedule will list an Uncollected Funds Fee of $15.00. Previously, the Uncollected Funds Fee was called an Overdraft Fee and had a fee of $35.00.
- Loan account numbers will slightly change. The dash and subsequent three zeros will be removed from the loan account number. There is no action to be taken on your part due to this change.
- If your business checking account uses account analysis processing, the analysis will happen on the last day of the month during nightly processing. Analysis will appear on statements for the current month along with any applicable service changes.
- Please direct loan payments to 80 Montvale Avenue, Stoneham, MA 02180 during the upgrade until new statements appear with the new P.O. Box information.
- The Overdraft Sweep fee of $10.00 will now be assessed on the account the funds are transferred from to cover an overdraft instead of the overdrawn account.