VISA® Debit Card
StonehamBank’s free Visa® Debit Card is included with our Optimum Free Checking and Optimum Interest Checking accounts. Experience enhanced convenience and security when making in-person and online purchases.
If your card is lost or stolen, please call 800-236-2442.
- Easily and securely pay with a touch using Apple Pay®
- View transactions on your monthly statement or via Online Banking
- Online purchases protected though Verified by Visa
- Zero Liability Protection
- Avoid foreign ATM fees using Point of Sale cash back option
- Access to 55,000+ surcharge-free Allpoint network ATMs and SUM network ATMs nationwide
- Make purchases anywhere Visa® is accepted
- StonehamBank offers fraud monitoring 24 hours a day to protect your card. You might be contacted via text, email and/or automated calls to verify any suspicious activity. Please make sure your account is always updated with the most current contact information so we can reach you without a delay and release any blocks that might have been placed on your card.
Fee for withdrawal or balance inquiry at a Non-StonehamBank ATM is $2 each. Fee is waived for first three withdrawals and/or inquiries. For a full explanation of our fees, please refer to our Fee Schedule.
Let us help you make the switch to StonehamBank in just a few simple steps! Easily redirect your payroll deposit, set up new transfers between accounts and transfer all automatic utility payments.
Need assistance? Just let us know you would like to make the switch, and we’ll help you with everything.
- Open Your New StonehamBank Account
Explore our checking account options and open an account online, or visit one of our convenient branch locations and speak with a knowledgeable customer service representative.
- Update Your Direct Deposit
Anyone who electronically deposits funds into your account will need a copy of the Direct Deposit Authorization. Complete a copy for your employer, the Social Security Administration, your retirement plan coordinator and any other party automatically depositing funds into your account.
- Update Your Automatic Transfers and Payments
Do you have any monthly payments automatically debited from your checking account? Let each merchant know about your new account by sending them a copy of the Request to Change an Automatic Withdrawal Form. Also, remember to update any merchant posting recurring charges to your debit card with your new card number. Now is also a good time to print out a list of all the payees you have setup in your online banking bill pay profile. Leave enough funds in your old checking account to cover any outstanding checks that have not yet cleared.
- Close Your Old Account
Once any outstanding transactions have cleared your old account you can close it by sending your former bank a completed copy of the Request to Close Account Form. Simply complete the form and mail it to your old bank.
*Maintain a minimum average monthly checking balance of $50,000 or a minimum average monthly combined balance of $100,000 in StonehamBank checking, savings, money market, IRA, and CD accounts to earn +.05% APY bonus. Please refer to our Optimum Benefits chart for more information and other bonus rates available.
Keep tabs on account activity with Premium Alerts. Notifications will be sent via email or text message to keep you up-to-date with debit card transactions.
- Customize which alerts you want to receive
- Set dollar limits and thresholds
- Receive your alerts by text message, email, or both
Registration is easy!
Step 1: Log into online banking
Step 2: Click on the top link labeled "Customer Service"
Step 3: Select the option labeled "Manage Alerts"
Step 4: Setup the types of alerts you would like to receive such as Account alerts, ATM/Debit Card alerts, Bill Payment alerts, and Service alerts
Avoid the hassle of standing in line or sitting in traffic on your way to the bank. With direct deposit, you can have your paycheck automatically deposited into your StonehamBank checking, savings, or club accounts.
Can't make it to us during business hours? All StonehamBank branches are equipped with a secure night depository which is checked each morning Monday - Saturday.
Need to move money quickly? Securely transfer and receive payments in the U.S. with our domestic wire services provided to you from each branch location.
24 Hour Telephone Banking
Call our 24-hour Telephone Banking number to check your account balances and make transfers. Before you call, have your account number and Telephone Banking PIN ready. Follow the electronic voice instructions when prompted or use the Quick Reference Guide for faster options.
Press "1" to shortcut the automated voice instructions then press a sequence of numbers as shown below.
1: Deposit Account Information
Press "1" and continue pressing:
- - for Checking Account information
- - for Savings Account information
- - for Certificate of Deposit information
2: Loan Account Information
Press "2" and continue pressing:
- - for Mortgage Loan account information
- - for Consumer Loan account information
- - for Equity Line of Credit account information
3: Transfer Funds Between Accounts
Press "3" then continue pressing:
- - to transfer between your Checking and Savings account
- - to advance funds from your Line of Credit
- - to make a payment to your Line of Credit or Loan account
4: Change Your Personal PIN
Press "4" then continue pressing:
- - to change a deposit account PIN
- - to change a loan account PIN
5: ATM or Visa Debit Card Functions
Press "5" then continue pressing:
- - to activate your card
- - to change your card's PIN
- - to report a lost or stolen card
- - to order a replacement card
- - to review security tips
6: Verification of Funds
Press "6" and follow instructions
7: Branch Information
Press "7" for location, branch, and drive-up hours
0: Customer Assistance
Press "0" during normal business hours to speak directly to a Customer Service Representative
Would you like to know more about...
Expect convenience. Get 24/7 account access.
Uncover even more ways to review and manage your finances with Online Banking.